Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Children's Halloween Menu

Cooking Irish can also be found at PETITCHEF and Pinterest.

I teach English at the local community college, and every year there is a children's costume party on campus in the student center.  Last year I brought my granddaughter Claudia Paige and her BFF Caroline.  The children enjoyed a variety of Halloween games and contests, candies, goodie bags, etc.  The highlight was the Halloween dinner.  This was the menu that everyone enjoyed.  My personal favorite was the ripe olives stuffed with cheese.  The black and orange made for a festive Halloween dish.  

[Actually, I added the spider droppings.  They are so easy to make and a great little plate to bring if you are in a hurry to bring a Halloween dish to a party.  Have the kids make it.  They will have a great time filling the olives with the cheese from the spray can.  This was a dish that a friend who did not like spending time in the kitchen brought to a costume party I had years ago.  Everyone had to come in a costume.  The rule was if I could recognize you, you were not admitted.  Oh, to be young again.!!]


This is my son Eli in kindergarten and his sons Miles aka Munchie and Cooper.








HALLOWEEN DINNER MENU

Spider Droppings: Pitted Ripe Olives Stuffed with CHEEZ-IT® Spray 

Cemetery Greens: Tossed Garden Salad

Deep Fried Leg of Toad: Chicken Legs with 3 Sauces

Eye of Newt Casserole: Swedish Meatballs over Egg Noodles

Baked Vampire Brains: Butternut Squash and Apples

Blood Boiled Bat Ears: Bowtie Pasta with Tomato Sauce

Broiled Werewolf Paws: Potato Skins with Cheddar Cheese and Bacon 

Bloody Scabs: Pizza Bagels

Chilled Troll Tears: Apple Cider, Punch, Water

Witches' Famous Lil’ Kids Pot Pie: “What’s Inside” Pumpkin Pie            
  
Next: I forgot I was going to do a post on cajun cuisine so that will be this week's offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment