Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Pittsburg Steak and Fries Salad with Bleu Cheese Crumbled Dressing

Cooking Irish can also be found on PETITCHEF and Pinterest.




This post is being written in 2014. I wanted to include one of my favorite salads, The Pittsburg Steak and Fries. I saw it on Guy Fieri's Triple D the other night and cannot stop thinking about making one. It is the ultimate indulgence--a once a year treat. A Pittsburgh classic this recipe is from The Metro Diner in Jacksonville, Florida. It is a menu staple. I can see why. 



I will include some photos of my grandchildren. My son Eli's children: Alexandra, Cooper, and Miles.




These are my daughter Erin's children, Reed and Claudia Paige.

The Pittsburgh Steak Salad with Fries and Crumbled Blue Cheese Dressing   [Makes One]

Ingredients:

Baby salad greens
Small fresh tomato, seeded and quartered
Hard-boiled egg, quartered
Few pieces of red onion
Bleu cheese crumbles 
Bleu cheese crumbled dressing [Recipe below]
6-7 oz. prime rib
Salt and pepper
French fries

Bleu Cheese Crumbled Dressing

Ingredients:

Sour cream
Mayonnaise
Buttermilk
Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce
Bleu cheese crumbles

Preparation:

1. Mix together all dressing ingredients making sure the bleu cheese retains chunks.

2. Cut 6-7 oz. slice of prime rib and liberally salt and pepper. Cook in hot oiled grill pan or on an outside grill. Cook fries.  [I still use my vintage 1970s Hamilton Beach® Deep Fryer Cooker. It's perfect for one person.  And the oil stays in the little fryer for reuse since it has a plastic top.  I don't ever want this appliance to quit.]  Salt fries.

Assembly:

On a bed of greens, tomatoes, eggs, and onions, first plate the fries, then the prime rib sliced, and topped with bleu cheese crumbles. Serve the dressing on side.


No comments:

Post a Comment